Saturday, June 27, 2009

What I have been reading lately #28

I have just finished reading FreeDarko Presents...The Macrophenomenal Pro Basketball Almanac: Styles, Stats, and Stars in Today's Game. I had seen this book around in bookstores and public libraries for a few months, but I wasn't sure if I would like it or not. Turns out I did like it. This book gave me a new or renewed appreciation of the following things:
  • basketball
  • NBA basketball
  • sleeping (if it's good for Tracy McGrady, if can be good for me)
  • staying home (again, Tracy McGrady, below)
  • baseball
  • Gilbert Arenas (below)

I would highly recommend this book to any reader.

(Below, Kobe Bryant, if he were building a ship in a bottle)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where did you get the images you used in this post?

Andy said...

These images came from http://freedarkobook.com/excerpts.html

"Hockey ought to be sternly forbidden, as it is not only annoying but dangerous." Halifax Morning Sun, quoted in Michael McKinley's Hockey - A People's History