Friday, May 21, 2010

A series of official announcements from AC Milan


A.C. MILAN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

5/21/2010

MILAN - A.C. Milan announces that the footballer Filippo Inzaghi has extended his contract until June 30, 2011.

INZAGHI: "The rapport with Milan is special"

5/21/2010

MILAN - Pippo Inzaghi commented to Milan Channel about his contract renewal with Milan: "I'm happy, because my intent was that of ending the career with this shirt. In these days I thought that trying to beat Gerd Muller's record with another shirt would not be fair. The rapport with Milan is special, I'm happy because once again the club proved all of its affect for what I did, I'm doin and will continue to do. I'm happy to be well and I have important objectives."

INZAGHI: "I'm after Muller, Van Basten and Baggio..."

5/21/2010

MILAN - Pippo Inzaghi again: "I'm happy of being fine and of being able to still give my contriution. Everyone knows that I have precise objectives to reach. First of all that of being useful for Milan, helping the team to win and then beating two records. That of Gerd Muller in the European cups (69 goals against 68, Inzaghi is one goal away from the German), which has lasted for 35 years, to which I really want to beat, and that of Marco Van Basten... I'm three goals away from him in the Rossoneri's shirt, reaching it or equalling it would be fantastic also because everyone knows what he did and who he is. I'm after Van Basten for the goals with Milan and Baggio for the career goals (Baggio has a total of 318 goals). Going together for the 10th consecutive year is a nice satisfaction. Everyone remembers the wins we have obtained together, I have already received a lot from this club and I have great motivations."



No comments:

"Hockey ought to be sternly forbidden, as it is not only annoying but dangerous." Halifax Morning Sun, quoted in Michael McKinley's Hockey - A People's History