Monday, December 8, 2008

Best sports books, movies, and television programs of all time - reader input needed!

Ape Canyon News Service is pleased to announce that at the end of December 2008 we will be publishing our own list of the greatest sports-related books, movies, and television shows of all time. (Actually, it will be three separate lists.) If any of our readers would like to suggest works to be considered for our list, please leave us a message in the comments section of this posting. Be sure to clearly indicated the title, author, and whether the work is a book, movie, or television show. We look forward to your comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my favorite sports book (maybe the only one I've read) is called, the Blind Side. It is about a young man named Michael Oher who is from Oklahoma (I think) and plays for Mississippi (I think).

Thank you ACNS

Anonymous said...

favorite sports movie of the moment is VisionQuest. I also liked Chariots of Fire. In the documentary category I liked Pumping Iron and Pumping Iron 2: the Women.

Big Clark said...

I always liked The Longest Yard, M*A*S*H (remember the football scene), and I think my son was a big fan of that show with the white guy who became a basketball coach. My granddaughter thinks it might be called The White Shadow.

"Hockey ought to be sternly forbidden, as it is not only annoying but dangerous." Halifax Morning Sun, quoted in Michael McKinley's Hockey - A People's History