Saturday, December 13, 2008

Different Doctor Who Theme Song(s)

Let's see... I was playing T.V. theme songs on my saxophone, and I as I was playing the theme from St. Elsewhere, I began to miss Doctor Who. I decided to go on YouTube and add the "good version" (from 2005-2007 roughly) to my Youtube favorites. However, when I searched "Doctor Who Theme" there were so many versions I just couldn't get the right one! So now, I am going to put up as many versions of the Doctor Who theme as I can find... (on youtube). Enjoy! And P.S. Which do you think is best? You can read more here. And if you must see my "source," I started my search here.


The good one, 2005-2007, Murray Gold-




The dumb new one 2008/2009-



This is a very, very old incarnation of the theme. Eric Winstone and his orchestra...
The 1963-1969 version:



1980-1985- Peter Howell



This one is from the "Jon Pertwee" era (1970ish): I don't like it.



1966-1969 (I can't really see much of a difference between this one and the Eric Winstone and orchestra, but this is Geoff Love and his orchestra:



From 1972



Not quite sure when this is from, called Doctor Who "Theme Orbital"



Dominic Glynn:



The Timelords/ KLF- Doctorin' the Tardis (It's not really the theme... more of a cross between that one sports song- Nah Nah Nah, HEY, Nah Nah Nah Nah, Nah Nah Nah HEY... and doctor who theme...)

No comments:

"Hockey ought to be sternly forbidden, as it is not only annoying but dangerous." Halifax Morning Sun, quoted in Michael McKinley's Hockey - A People's History