Monday, August 24, 2009

What I have been reading lately #33

First things first: the rules of being a Warner by Kurt and Brenda Warner with Jennifer Schuchmann
Kurt Warner is an NFL quarterback who has been to the Super Bowl three times (with the St. Louis Rams and Arizona Cardinals). The story of his rise from grocery shelf stocker to Arena Football League player and finally to NFL star has been told and re-retold many, many times. He and his wife Brenda have seven children (five together and two from her previous marriage, including one who has brain-damage and blindness due to a childhood accident). Together, they have written a book describing how they balance his NFL career with their family life, all while giving back to the community and being good Christians.

Below: Kurt Warner gets ready to throw the football.

I finished reading this book a few days ago, and I have been thinking since then about what I wanted to say about it. Unfortunately, I have not been able to put my thoughts into words. Everything I try to write seems insincere and inadequate. If anyone else has read this book, please contact me. Maybe you can help.

Below: Kurt and Brenda Warner working on a Habitat-for-Humanity project.

No comments:

"Hockey ought to be sternly forbidden, as it is not only annoying but dangerous." Halifax Morning Sun, quoted in Michael McKinley's Hockey - A People's History