Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What I have been reading lately #4


Dishwasher: One Man's Quest To Wash Dishes In All Fifty States by Pete Jordan is an outstanding book, and I highly recommend it. It reminds me of the three places in which I have washed dishes professionally - the Perkins Pancake House on St. Charles Rock Road, Mocon dining hall at Wesleyan University, and The Eatery in Windsor/East Windsor (whatever) Connecticut. If you added up all the days I spent washing dishes in those three places, it would probably total less than one whole month. Here's a link to Dishwasher Pete's website. http://www.dishwasherpete.com/
I'll have to tell you all about my days washing dishes some other time. Right now I have softball practice, and my team needs me.

No comments:

"Hockey ought to be sternly forbidden, as it is not only annoying but dangerous." Halifax Morning Sun, quoted in Michael McKinley's Hockey - A People's History