Sunday, December 20, 2009

What I have been reading lately #40

Six Months in Sudan: A Young Doctor in a War-Torn Village by James Maskalyk
This book was written by a Canadian doctor who spent six months in Sudan with Medecins Sans Frontieres (Doctors Without Borders). He was not in Darfur, but, instead, spent his time Abyei, which is in the southern part of the country. For more on the situation in Abyei, click here.

I also read Tracy Kidder's Mountains Beyond Mountains which is about Dr. Paul Farmer who works in Haiti and other parts of the world. I think a lot of people have read this book.

Finally, I read Joe Sacco's War's End: Profiles from Bosnia 1995-96. It took me about twenty minutes to read because, after all, it is a comic book.

No comments:

"Hockey ought to be sternly forbidden, as it is not only annoying but dangerous." Halifax Morning Sun, quoted in Michael McKinley's Hockey - A People's History