Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What I've Been reading lately

Well, actually I'm reading the same thing, but the book called to my attention two great things.

A) Vujadin Boskov was a coach from the '60's to about 8 years ago. He happens to share a birthday with me (he turned 77 on May 16th), but that's not why he's getting an honorable mention. He's mentioned because he's funny! Examples:

"Penalty is when referee blows the whistle."

"I think that, in order to score, we need to shoot."

"Ball to us, we play; ball to them, they play. "

"Better losing 4-0 than 5-0. "


B) there are websites (in Italian) devoted to criticising refs, like Bryan Moreno (who reffed the game Italy lost to South Korea). The websites have pictures like these:

For more visit this site: http://www.fanofunny.com/mondiali2002/

No comments:

"Hockey ought to be sternly forbidden, as it is not only annoying but dangerous." Halifax Morning Sun, quoted in Michael McKinley's Hockey - A People's History