Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Work keys and house keys

For the last three years I have had my own set of work keys (for my classroom, for a random door in the school I work at, and for some cabinets in my classroom). During that time, I have kept my work keys on the same keychain as my house keys and car keys. This makes for a rather large keychain, and is generally just a pain in the neck. This school year I decided to start a new system and to keep two separate keychains. Not only do I not have one gigantic keychain anymore, but this also serves to symbolize my newfound goal of keeping greater distance between my home and work lives. My co-worker Don even gave me a nice, shiny, new Toyota Trucks keychain (even though my pickup is a Nissan...) Unfortunately, however, today is my second day back at work, and I have already lost my work keys. I wonder where they are?

1 comment:

Andy said...

Just to let everyone know - I found the keys the next morning. They were hanging in the lock on the cabinet in my classroom.

"Hockey ought to be sternly forbidden, as it is not only annoying but dangerous." Halifax Morning Sun, quoted in Michael McKinley's Hockey - A People's History