Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bumbershoot 2008

















This year my family and I went to all three days of Bumbershoot, Seattle's music and arts festival. Here were some of the highlights of this year's event:



Best band I'd never heard of before: Blitzen Trapper

Best band I only knew a tiny, little bit about: the Shackletons

Coldest performance: Beck on Friday night at Memorial Stadium. We were freezing even with coats and a horse blanket.

Loudest band I actually enjoyed: Sons and Daughters

Loudest band I didn't really like: Battles

Band that seemed most excited to be there: the Shackletons

Best band I saw only because I'd come to see the band coming up next on the same stage: the Whigs

Worst comedian: Jessi Klein - both vulgar and unfunny.

Weirdest performance: Dan Deacon

Band I'd most like to live with in a large house with a yard and a dog: Blitzen Trapper

Best light show: Beck. It looked like Lite-Brite.

Musical group so unremarkable I forgot I had seen them by the next morning: Band of Horses

Food vendor I most missed: The place that sold calzones that hasn't been at Bumbershoot for several years.

Total amount paid for parking over the three days: $12

Most surprisingly enjoyable street performer: Dizzy Hips, the hula-hoop guy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the calzone ppl were Parisi Bros.

"Hockey ought to be sternly forbidden, as it is not only annoying but dangerous." Halifax Morning Sun, quoted in Michael McKinley's Hockey - A People's History