Sunday, March 29, 2009

What I have been reading lately #21


I just finished reading P.D. James' novel The Children of Men.  It was like the recent movie in many ways (the world is slowly coming to an end because no one can have babies anymore, England is a police-state, etc.).  It was also different from the movie in many ways (really too many to mention).  I found the ending of the book to be creepy (in a good way, though).

The copy I read did not have the same cover as the edition I posted here.  I like the above-cover much better.  The version I read was a movie tie-in edition and had a picture of Clive Owen looking through a broken window.

No comments:

"Hockey ought to be sternly forbidden, as it is not only annoying but dangerous." Halifax Morning Sun, quoted in Michael McKinley's Hockey - A People's History