Saturday, June 7, 2008

Euro 2008 Predictions

The title is self explanitory.

In the group stage, the top two teams in each of the groups will reach the quarter finals. These are my predictions of the order of each group.

Group A
Portugal
Czech Republic
Turkey
Switzerland

Group B
Germany
Croatia
Poland
Austria

Group C (the group of death)
Italy
Netherlands
France
Romania

Group D
Spain
Russia
Greece
Sweden

In the quarter finals, the runner up of one group will play the winner of another group. My winners are in bold. I never pick the underdogs.

Portugal v. Croatia
Czech Rep. v. Germany
Italy v. Russia
Spain v. the Netherlands

Semi Finals: At this point, I feel anyone could win....

Portugal v. Germany
Italy v. Spain

Finals

Portugal v. Spain

Suddenly, I feel like I should have picked Italy to beat Spain. Or maybe I should have picked France to get out of the group stage... These teams are all so good!

No comments:

"Hockey ought to be sternly forbidden, as it is not only annoying but dangerous." Halifax Morning Sun, quoted in Michael McKinley's Hockey - A People's History